The Imaginary Dose of Fat – Show Number 101 – Friday April 15th – 2016
Will Ross and Megan Chelf, 2016 White Mountains 100 Champions from Team 9:Zero:7, HED Cycling, 45NRTH join Sven, Gomez and JK who are back in the studio after the big, Live Weekly Dose of Fat Show #100 Gig.
The Weekly Dose of Fat is brought to you by the Surly 24 Pack Rack – Surly Racks are made from Chromoly Steel just like their frames and forks. Learn more about bikes, and freedom, at – http://surlybikes.com
On the show this week:
- We Start the show with the Event of the Week, which is one of the biggest MTB races every spring – the Barry Roubaix
- We chat with a pair of special guests! The winners of the White Mountains 100 from Team 9:Zero:7/HED Cycling and 45NRTH Megan Chelf and Will Ross.
- We check in with the Fatty Farm Field Report brought to by Quiring Cycles the Quiring triple B is the fattest ride on two wheels featuring the new generation of 5.05 inch tires. Visit Quiring cycles dot net to see the next level of bicycle exploration http://www.quiringcycles.net/
- We’ll take calls from our listeners about who they would nominate for the Mountain bike hall of fame. Plus, We put our 2 cents in on the nominations
- We’ll weigh beard trimmings and award a fabulous prize package
The Fat Bike Event of the Week is Barry Roubaix – We talk to Race Director, Rick Plite. Check it out at – http://barry-roubaix.com
Cheers! – A bit of beverage talk
SPECIAL GUESTS – Will Ross and Megan Chelf 2016 White Mountains 100 Champions from Team 9zero7-HED Cycling -45nrth tyres and what not
Fatty Farm Field Report
The Fatty Farm Field Report is brought to by Quiring Cycle, the Quiring triple B is the fattest ride on two wheels featuring the new generation of 5.05 inch tires. Visit Quiring cycles dot net to see the next level of bicycle exploration http://www.quiringcycles.net/
Dave from Nome sent in this photo from the maiden voyage of his Quiring Triple B! He said, warm punchy and somewhat sparse snow, in the Nome area. Eventually reduced tire pressure to 1 psi front, 1.5 psi back and was able to ride snow machine trail.
The Chugach Fat Bike Bash made the news – Extreme Alaska!
Mike C is Fat and Happy
Alaska’s First Couple of Ultra Marathon Cycling – Heather Best & Jeff Oatley
Salsa Ride Camp Returns to Wisconsin’s Northwoods (We should go this year)
2016 Gros Morne Fatbike Adventure
Wednesday 1×11 Rock Crawler
Plus Bike Links
In Plus Bike News — Wolverines are the future of Backcountry Search and Rescue
Special Segment – 2016 Mountain Bike Hall of Fame Nominations are open
Beard winning comp – The actual weight of the shearings was 7.8 grams! And the winner is John Ansell from the Welsh countryside with a guess of 3.772 grams.
Our show this evening has been brought to you by the Bikes, Parts & Chaos of Surly Bikes – Learn more at http://surlybikes.com