Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Pascal’s Fat-bike Dream!
The Weekly Dose of Fat – Show Number 112 – Friday, October 21st 2016
Sven, Gomez and JK welcome Alex Naggar from RSD bikes to the show, talk to Joe Sacco about the Pie Burner ride in Hibbing, take calls from listeners and GIVE AWAY A BIKE!
The Weekly Dose of Fat is brought to you by the Surly 8 and 24 pack racks. Learn more about bikes, beer and freedom at – http://surlybikes.com
On the show this week:
- We Start the show with the Event of the Week
- We delve into beards and beer like
- We share Links from the interwebz
- We check in with the Fatty Farm Field Report brought to by Becker Sewing and Design where we award our Global Fat Bike Day Design Contest Winners
- That’s right – some lucky boy or girl is going to win a brand new Surly Bicycle!
- And In our special segment, we share the next hot new cycling trend
The Fat Bike Event of the Week this week is JoBoo’s post Thanksgiving Pie Burner
A bit of beverage and beard talk
SPECIAL GUEST – Alex Naggar from RSD Bikes in Toronto – Check out RSD’s sale on 2016 bikes!
Fatty Farm Field Report
The Fatty Farm Field Report is brought to by Becker Gear and Precision Sewing – Find Becker gear on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/beckergear and on the web at http://beckergear.com
Tupper hard at work!
Thanks to everyone that entered. We invited a panel of four judges to rate each entry and after we tallied all of the scores and here are your winners.
Third place prize Winner is Karl Leach from the UK who carried off a pair of Surly Marge Lite rims!
Second place winner is Carl S. who won a 1Up USA Fat-bike Hitch Rack!
And our grande champion du Global fat bike designer of zee year is Kevin B. who will be sporting a new Surly Moonlander fat-bike!
Feel free to download these designs and use them for your Global Fat-bike Day event!
We’d like to thank Surly Bikes and 1 Up USA for providing our winners with some kick ass prizes.
Don’t forget to send us your GFBD Plans so we can share them right here, every Friday, leading up to GFBD’s Eve!
- Levis Mound – Wisconsin – https://www.facebook.com/events/355169551540464/
- Two Rivers Wisconsin – https://www.facebook.com/events/2123714041187101/
- South Dakota – https://www.facebook.com/events/870514139758907/
- Grand Targhee – Wyoming – http://www.grandtarghee.com/event/global-fat-bike-day/
- Brighton – Michigan –https://www.facebook.com/events/1051170868313482/
Gnomified Pugsley – http://www.culturecycles.com/2013/04/custom-painted-surly-pugsley-swamp/
The Winter Forecast from John Dee – http://www.johndee.com/seasonalfcst/seasonalforecast.htm
First Winter Storm on the North Sea in 4 Parts
And, if you are in the area, check out Bruce LIVE:
“Yep “`m doing a talk this Sunday at 3.30pm at Humbie Hub, Humbie, East Lothian, on the blog and off road cycling on the coast and old roads and the hills of East Lothian. See you if you can make it!”
Our show this evening has been brought to you by the Bikes, Parts & Chaos of Surly Bikes – Learn more at http://surlybikes.com
Check us out on Instagram @Fatbikedotcom
What no Toronto CN Tower! Could not see one Canadian structure on the GFBD banner. Maybe it was on the bottom of the wheel?