I’ve been using Old Man Mountain racks on several of my bikes for years. My Chumba Ursa Major has the rear thru-axle rack and is the most solid rack I’ve used.
Moving to the other end of the bike, and made for lighter loads, check out the Old Man Mountain Axle Pack with these words from Old Man Mountain:
Old Man Mountain Axle Pack is unlike any fork mount adapter you’ve seen. Rather than trying to clamp to round or tapered surfaces and just hope it doesn’t slip or spin, Axle Pack is, you guessed it: Thru Axle mounted! Attaching to the axle makes it impossible to slip or spin.
Axle Pack is lightweight, reliable, robust, and rigid. With four mounting points you can also choose to run your gear higher or lower depending on your needs.
Mounted to one of our Fit Kits, Axle Pack is also easily swappable with any of our racks so you can pack the right gear for the ride.
Have a carbon road bike? Perfect! Suspension fork? Perfect! Aluminum bike but you don’t trust the rivnuts? We’ve got it! Long story short, if you have a thru axle fork, we have an Axle Pack ready for you.
Axle Pack is designed to be mounted to Old Man Mountain Thru Axle Fit Kits. Check out the Axle Pack page at Old Man Mountain for more info.
What Can You Expect?
- 3 Pack Mounts for any fork- can carry bottles, fuel, stuff sacks, dry bags, bolt-on bags, and more
- Carry up to 22lbs per pair- confidently carry items no matter where you are
- No Spinning or Slipping- cannot slide down or rotate around the fork legs
- No Eyelets Needed- uses our thru axle Fit Kits and mounting pucks
- Light as a Feather- lighter than most clamp style mounting options at just 73g per side.
Product page – https://oldmanmountain.com/product/axle-pack-3/
We plan to get a set soon so stay tuned for more info!