Check out this photo from the Frost Bottom race in Anchorage and check out Fatbassador, Travis’s race coverage story on Sunday!
Weekly Dose of Fat – Show Number 91 – Friday, January 29th, 2016
Sven and JK are in the studio today and welcome special guest, Ben Popp from the Fat-bike Birkie as we as George Kapitz who fills us in on the 3-race Snow Crown series in Wisconsin.
Fat-Bike Radio, and The Weekly Dose of Fat, is sponsored by Surly Bikes. Learn more at http://surlybikes.com
On the show this week?
- We Start the show with the Event of the Week
- We welcome Ben Popp from the Fat-bike Birkie
- We talk to call in listeners from around the fatisphere
- We make excuses for not getting the Becker Bag Prizes out yet
- We check in with the Fatty Farm Field Report brought to by The Winter RUSH Fat-Bike Series, The Michigan State Fat-Bike Championships and the 2017 USA Cycling – Fat-Bike National Championships
The Fat-Bike Event of the week this week is not one BUT THREE fantastic races that are the Snow Crown Series in Central Wisconsin.
George Kapitz from Broken Spoke Bicycles with shops in Green Bay and Two Rivers gives us the skinny on these fat-bike races via telephone.
Special Guest – Ben Pop from the Fat-bike Birkie
- Recap of the date and the format of the event/changes from previous years
- Confirmed “big name” racers
- Entry opportunities
- Pre and Post race happenings
- Other riding opportunities in the area
- We will be catching up on February 24th on the show with any late breaking news, trail conditions etc.
- Event website – http://www.birkie.com/bike/events/fat-bike-birkie/
Fatty Farm Field Report
This week’s Fatty Farm Field Report is presented by ….The Winter RUSH Fat-Bike Series.
Winter Rush is the home of The Michigan State Fat-Bike Championships and will be your hosts of the 2017 USA Cycling Fat-Bike National Championships.
For more information click the winter rush banner or visit winter rush dot com – http://winterrush.com/
Beaver Guard Fat-bike Fender – http://beaverguardfatbike.com
The Weatherneck neck warmer – http://theweatherneck.com
Gomez is lurking about the Fat-bike Worlds in Crested Butte
Another super Rohloff fat-bike build by the folks at Cycle Monkey
Olov’s custom Oddity handlebars
Got some fat-bike tires that are made for studs (with stud pockets) but not yet studded? – http://bikestud.com
Jeff Cospolich talks about going to Fat-bike Worlds
Curt Gowdy Trails Open in Wyoming
Big Bear Winter Festival in California Coming February 27th
Snow Mountain Ranch YMCA in Colorado
Video – Anchorage is fat-bike heaven
JoBoo snowshoe grooming and gat-bike riding
45NRTH Ontario Fat Bike Series Race #1 – The Frozen Beaver Race Report
The Great Nordeen cross-country ski race in Central Oregon is adding fat-bike racing
Ullr Fat-bike Race Rsults along with Women’s Swimming results!
2016 Uberwintern Fatbike Festival Report
Maybe Keith needs a new fat-bike? Yes, yes he does!
Info on Michigan fat-bike trails
Methow Valley fat-bike fun and a video
Fat-biking in Austin, Minnesota
Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/fatbikedotcom/
Plus Bike Links
Norco’s Paul Burnett talks about the 27+ Torrent
Bruce and his ongoing experiment with 29+. Also excellent photos and a bunch of shortish videos.
Thanks again to Surly for sponsoring today’s broadcast. Surly Bikes are sold at better bicycle retailers across the galaxy – Learn more at http://surlybikes.com
Join us next week when the question of the week is – What is your go-to solution for hand warmth while fat-biking?
Not fat-bike related, but if you like The Shining, you’ll love The Chickening!