Weekly Dose of Fat – Show Number 84 – Friday, December 11th 2015
This week we have a special announcement on incredible, new lower prices on Surly Moonlanders, Ice Cream Trucks and Pugsleys! Join us as John Fleck from Surly tells Sven, Gomez and JK all about it! Fat-Bike Radio, and The Weekly Dose of Fat, is sponsored by Surly Bikes. Learn more at http://surlybikes.com
On the show this week.
- We start the show with the Event of the Week
- Next week’s Becker Sewing and design Bag Contest will be revealed.
- We award the prizes for the Global Fat-bike Day Contest.
- We take calls from our listeners and talk about Who your favorite Bike Black Ribbon Test Pilot might be or maybe even talk about how you celebrated GFBD.
- We explore the Fatty Farm Field Report brought to by The Winter RUSH Fat-Bike Series, The Michigan State Fat-Bike Championships and the 2017 USA Cycling – Fat-Bike National Championships
The Event of the week is the polartec winter fat bike race series A six Race Series held in New Hampshire. Arlon chaffee calls in to tell us all about some hot east coast fat-bike racing!
Get more info and register at www.fatbikenh.com
Fatty Farm Field Report
This week’s Fatty Farm Field Report is presented by ….The Winter RUSH Fat-Bike Series. Winter Rush is the home of The Michigan State Fat-Bike Championships and will be your hosts of the 2017 USA Cycling Fat-Bike National Championships. For more information click the winter rush banner in the show notes or visit Winter Rush dot com – http://winterrush.com/
We call Bike Black Ribbon Test Aaron Hautala
Wanna win a Becker 40 Below Bag? For the next 3 shows we’ll be awarding one lucky winner a week one fabulous becker sewing 40 below down tube bag.
The first week we’re going to award the bag to the best photo from GFBD 2015. Send your photo to gomez@ fat-bike.com with Becker Bag Contest
Global Fat-bike Day Toys for Tots contest prize awards
- 1st – Jordan Blackson – Anchorage – 140 riders 79 Toys
- 2nd – Rickey deLeyos – DC Area – 60 toys
- 3rd – Shawne Camp – NY – 70 riders 54 Toys
- GFBD = over 300 toys donated!
Check out mi amigo Bjorn and the Homer Cycling club working to establish the world’s first fat-bike and packraft route, but first we need to help convince the AK State park to end their prohibition on cycling. Here’s the link to the KBAT blogspot: http://kb-at.blogspot.com/
Global Fat-bike Day in Newfoundland
Bruce’s Global Fat-bike Day
Wisconsin Trail Alert and Call To Action for Blue Mound State Park
Dave Weins is a laughing fat-biker!
Fat-biking in Vilas County, WI
Beat gets another Curiak fat-bike
JooBoo on a morning ride
Randy & Shawn’s Iron Horse/John Wayne Trail tour in October. Filmed by Shawn’s buddy Chris Wojcik to raise awareness of serious issues facing a large portion of this route.
Sin-City-Natty – Solo GFBD Goodness
Winnipeg Global Fat-bike Day (Hola Tom!)