Here is a taste of things to come! Robert Hood shot this photo of his wife riding their homemade fat-bike trail in Auburn, Wyoming last January.
Weekly Dose of Fat – Show Number 76 – Friday, October 16th, 2015
Join Sven, Gomez and JK Livin’ for today’s show with special guest, and ITI champion, Kevin Breitenbach talking about keeping feet warm in the winter and a call-in from Mark Peterson about the Fat-bike Ogden Buffet (FBOB) event.
Fat-Bike Radio, and The Weekly Dose of Fat, is sponsored by Surly Bikes. Learn more at http://surlybikes.com
On today’s show?
- We talk winter Footwear with Kevin Breitenbach from the Ice Box of the North Fairbanks Alaska!
- We take calls from our listeners and discuss the very fascinating subject of vapor barriers
- We share Fat and Plus Bike news in the Fatty Farm Field Report
- We may hear from our fat-bassadors to the Bahamas – sporting provocative european swimwear
- And, this just in from the Cairo News Desk – We WILL have links at the end of the show
SPECIAL GUEST – Kevin Breitenbach
Theory of Vapor Barrier Liners
Call to action – write these guys an email telling asking them to make a kit for winter boots – http://www.retrofitz.com/index.html – make any shoe clipless?
Fatty Farm Field Report
Twenty Two Cycles out in Glenwood Springs Co, looks like they’re going through a reorganization. We did get a return to our inquiry to see if the rumors of their demise were true from Aaron Dallas – He Said “At the moment, Twenty2 Cycles is in limbo. The path will reveal itself shortly, stay tuned.”
What’s in the hopper for upcoming stories at fat-bike.com?
- Surface 604 first look coming next week
- Sent the Rever MTN1 brakes up to Kevin
What were some recent stories that people should know about?
- Andrew the Maker Handmade Goods â€“ Custom Frame Bag
Quiring build report impressions
Adventure by Bike, that’s what Salsa says, Bike-sploring the Brooks Range in Alaska with Bretty Davis sure qualifies! Check out this 3 parter.
More posts with parts. These about Bruce’s Krampus
And a farewell to the British Vulcan aircraft
Check out Yonder Journal’s Iron Pass, Fat-bike, BC adventure, Dead Reckoning.
Ride Bikes. Travel. Do Good. The Bicycle Travel Merit Badge Nominations
Olov shares a video
Wheel Size is Dissected and Explained
Thanks again to Surly for sponsoring the radio portion of today’s broadcast. Surly make Bikes and Parts that don’t suck! Learn more at Surly bikes.com