Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Episode 28 of Full Spectrum Cycling features Bill Rouleau from Rushmor Records in the studio with Sven, JK and Tony talking about organizing bike rides, owning a record store and, of course, music. Zito calls in with a report on the upcoming Urban Junglecross 7 and a possible tie-in with Harley Davidson. Gomez tells all about the Grand Beach Funduro coming up in early November.
This week’s show beer was Founder’s Mosaic Promise a Single Hop Ale
5.5%ABV – 50IBUs.
News you can use!
- New Exec Director of Wisconsin Bike Fed, Kirsten Finn- https://wisconsinbikefed.org/blog/2019/10/01/welcome-our-new-executive-director/
- Cycling through the trees in Belgium – https://www.fastcompany.com/90411150/this-treetop-bike-path-takes-you-30-feet-up-into-the-canopy-of-a-forest
It’s been raining quite a bit in Milwaukee recently and the Milwaukee River is very high. Check out that bridge in the background. Very low clearance! Bridge openings are much more frequent with even small boats needing to sound the horn.
Still some beautiful days/nights though! Fall in the Midwest is a great time of the year to ride.
We’ve got a couple of custom builds of the Surly Ice Cream Truck in at the Everyday Cycles Milwaukee Bike Shop. Both a Medium and a Large. Stop by to check them out!
- Biketoberfest – Friday, October 11th 6:30 – Baby Boomers 182 E. Lincoln, Milwaukee, WI
- Grand FunDuro Beach Ride – November 2nd/3rd – https://fat-bike.com/2019/08/event-spotlight-grand-funduro-beach-ride-ball/ – Special deal $115 if you mention fat-bike.com or zion cyclery – New Sponsors Surly, Garage Coffee, PDW, 45 NRTH plus hosts Zion Cyclery, Fat-bike.com and the Danger Gnome Podcast
- Milwaukee Tweed ‘Ride’, Sat 10/5 at 1pm from Lakefront Brewery to 414orum – https://www.facebook.com/events/342674433287404/
- MKE Midnight Marathon Ride, Sun 10/6 midnight Lake Park to Grafton – https://www.facebook.com/events/276464636589681/
- Final Ride Day at Little Switzerland Bike Park Sun 10/6, 10a to 4p